Break away from the traditional fire place celebration in your home and warm up under the tropical sun in Ambergris Caye, Belize this Christmas. Channeling our favorite holiday tune, here are twelve (12) reasons why a Christmas vacation at Grand Colony Island Villas is the ultimate best investment to end the 2018 calendar year or ring in the New Year 2019!
- PERFECT WEATHER– Why stay frosty when you can be sun tanning? If the lack of sunshine is rapidly putting you into Grinch mode, then we think your trip to Belize is much needed. Typical temperatures range from a cool low 80’s to 90’s F. If the weather alone does not move you, keep reading!
- FLIGHTS – With Belize’s close proximity to the major airline gateways in the USA, you will find that no matter where you, flights to Belize are conveniently accessible. American Airlines offers direct flights from Miami, Dallas, Charlotte and Los Angeles, while United Airlines offers direct flights from Houston, Chicago, and Newark. Other major airlines including Delta, Southwest and WestJet also have direct flights to Belize via US cities including Atlanta, Denver, Toronto and Calgary. And if you are traveling from other central American countries, COPA Airlines and Avianca offers flights from Panama City, Cancun, Flores, San Salvador, Honduras, Guatemala, just to name a few. And just recently. AeroMexico has a direct flight from Mexico to Belize on weekends. Be sure to book early since fares tend to go up for high seasons.
- PEOPLE – Guests to Belize have always raved about the country’s most precious resource; it’s people! With welcoming embraces to our shores and a collective friendly disposition, the faces and people of Belize are what makes Belize stand out from the rest of competing destinations. Paired with English as its mother tongue, a passion for hospitality and theming with culture, this tourist loving destination is rapidly growing in admiration.
- FOOD – There is more than Rice & Beans to associate Belize with when it comes to cuisine. The country is famous for its merging of flavors from its melting pot of cultures to create many mouthwatering experiences that takes you on a gastronomic journey of epic proportions. Find deliciously prepared Surf and Turf options, herb infused platters to unique local dishes that will round off your holiday stay. And be sure before you leave, hit up the local spots like Celi’s Deli, Neri’s Tacos, Iguana Juans, and Ruby’s Café.
- DIVING – Many underwater dive log books are being marked by sites in Belize. It is no secret that this tiny Central American country boasts some of the most magnificent dive sites in the world along with hundreds of Atolls, Cayes and its dotting 185-mile barrier reef. The country’s underwater planet welcomes snorkelers and divers of all experience levels. And with our on-site dive shop, Belize Pro Dive Center, your nautical trips can be arranged with relative ease.
- FISHING – Novice and experienced anglers from across the world are hooked on the premise of achieving a Grand Slam in Belize. This means catching three of the most prized fish in one day including a Permit, Bonefish and Tarpon. Whether you prefer deep sea fishing, fishing the flats, or sports fishing, your lines are bound to get tugged.
- BEACH – Swaying palm trees, cobalt waters, and steady Caribbean breezes are elements for a perfect beach day. Of the few ‘beach areas’ that Ambergris Caye possesses, most would agree that our resort beach area, (formerly Mar de Tumbo) is the perfect location for catching some much needed Vitamin Sun.
- MAYAN SITES– Xunantunich, Altun Ha, Lamanai, Cahal Pech and Lubaantun are just a few of the main attractions in the Maya World that takes visitors to travel back in time and history. Take a guided tour and learn about prehistoric artifacts, pottery and ancient Maya temples that hold stories and secrets of this fascinating Mayan civilization.
- TOURS – With a smorgasbord of ‘things to do’, ‘attractions to see’, ‘tours to go on’, it is relatively impossible to cover them all on your first stay in Belize. But if Ziplining through thick jungle canopies, floating down a seven-mile long river path on an inner tube, horseback riding through trails or jungle trekking on an ATM tickles your fancy, we have you covered. Tours are in abundance here, all you need is time! Check with our amazing front desk agents.
- KIN SPA – Our sister resorts’ lobby area houses K’in Spa – a luxe wellness Spa and massage quarter. Hit the reset button as we satisfy the soundness of your mind, body and spirit. The Spa offer exfoliating treatments, spa packages, manicures/pedicures and facials that will cater to a range of budgets.
- PIER 366 – Boasting the most gorgeous backdrop of the second largest Barrier reef, Pier 366, our sister resorts’ over the water restaurant, has seen significant changes, from its name to its executive chef. Chef extraordinaire Laurent Girard has revamped the entire menu to reflect the bounty of the Caribbean. Pier 366 Seafood House will wow your senses and satisfy your every craving with an eclectic menu consisting of quality meats and the freshest seafood. Their mantra is from “Sea to Table”! The restaurant will have a specially prepared menu for Christmas Day. Shall we reserve your table now?
- Ambergris Caye Boat Parade – While on your Belizean escape, you can get as active as you want, or relax on a hammock under a shady palm tree with a good novel and refreshing cocktail! A major highlight of this festive season on Ambergris Caye is the Holiday Boat Parade scheduled for December 8th. This spectacle which is a crowd favorite, showcases a flotilla of boats outfitted with dazzling lights, Santa’s, his helpers and jolly mates singing carols along the parade route.
So this holiday season, gather the squad and wrap your family around an “Un-Belizeable” getaway at Grand Colony Island Villas – your true Home Away from Home! Tropical Season’s Greetings to all!