Thinking of Vacationing in Belize? Choose Ambergris Caye For These 9 Reasons!
Since our goal is making your Belize vacation planning so simple you can begin relaxing right now, we recommend spending your next vacation on Ambergris Caye and specifically, at Grand Colony Villas. Why here? Easy. Lots of places exaggerate about what travelers can expect from a location and accommodations, but we deliver on our promises. To prove our point, allow us to take you on a mini-tour of nine reasons to come here. There are plenty more, but our job is to whet your appetite so you can start packing right now.
1. It’s the best island in Belize. No joke. Ambergris Caye has been voted best, top, preferred and number one in the Belize chain by everyone from prestigious travel rating resources to repeat visitors who wouldn’t think of going elsewhere. There are more than 200 cayes off Belize—don’t you deserve everyone’s top choice?
2. The scenery is breathtaking. Surprisingly, not every island in the Belize chain is gorgeous; topography is diverse in this country. Ambergris Caye, on the other hand, is a favourite of professional and amateur photographers alike because it’s stunning and picturesque. You can’t take a bad photo here!
3. Resorts on Ambergris Caye are in close proximity to all sorts of adventures, particularly Grand Colony Villas–a mini-village of suites that re-define luxury, amenities and quality of service. From Jacuzzi tubs to comfy king beds and all the comforts of home, Grand Colony is surprisingly affordable.
4. Dive right in. If your main travel objective is seeing for yourself whether Belize’s scuba diving spots are as spectacular as the stories you’ve read and photos you’ve admired, why stay anywhere else but on Ambergris Caye? Proximity to top dive sites like the Turneffe Islands and Lighthouse Reef is unbeatable. Water’s warm; jump in!
5. Look beneath the surface. It’s no media hyperbole: Belize really does have the most remarkable snorkeling sites in Central America thanks to our barrier reef—second longest on the planet, by the way. Marine life viewed at shallow depths will thrill and amaze you and Grand Colony staff can recommend guides trained to heighten your experience.
6. Please bring your appetite when you come to Ambergris Caye. Belize is known for its lobster, but if you’re not a fan of the crustacean, top-notch chefs prepare freshly-caught seafood served daily at island restaurants. But don’t stop with seafood. Try ethnic foods, guaranteed to please your palate, reflecting Belize’s heritage.
7. Build your reputation as a fishing phenomenon by indulging in sea fishing tours off Ambergris Caye that practically guarantee a photo with your impressive catch for your next Christmas card. Choose a tour that fits your party and time frame, then channel your inner Hemingway!
8. Hoist a sail—or let expert crews do it for you if your idea of time on the high seas has nothing to do with baiting a fishing rod. Use Ambergris Caye and Grand Colony as jumping off points, booking from one to seven days at sea. Sail from one uninhabited atoll to another as you experience the coastal wonders of Belize.
9. Get beached! It’s your Belize vacation on Ambergris Caye, so if planting yourself in the sugar-white sand and getting up only long enough to indulge in cocktails and sustenance is your idea of heaven, we hear you. Living life in the fast lane is hard work—which is why God created Ambergris Caye and Belize in the first place!